ONE keyword ranking on Google’s page #1 at the right time can change the direction your business flows. Yes! Your SEO campaign can be the key to your business’s success. A click from an organic search made on Google is more likely to convert than any other traffic source. Studies have shown that organic searches are 8.5x more likely to be clicked while paid search results are 1.5x more likely to be converted through the search engine. In this article, you’ll find out how you can make the most out of your current SEO campaign, get more organic clicks, and hence more chances to convert that traffic into actual customers. I hope you will enjoy the article ride!
Make the Most Out of Your Current SEO Campaign
Some of the areas to think of before you start the SEO campaign are:
- The keywords you intend to target: The game starts with keyword research. First, have a plan in your head about what baseline keywords you will be hitting. Then, make a family of different topics and segregate them with short and long-tail keywords. Remember, Keywords can overlap. So be cautious in assigning each web page to a series of keywords from the same topic.
- Optimizing your site: Next step is to beautifully and naturally place those keywords onto the targeted web pages.
- The type of content to create: The content you are creating has a certain appeal among the users and audience you are targeting. For example, a dental website needs to offer dental tips on its website. Cedar Creek Dental in Portland, Oregon, is a good example of how to share the dental content for prospective patients. Check out their blog page.
- Where keywords belong: The placement of keywords in your content is an art that the algorithm has taught us. Disperse the keyword fairly even through your text on the web page. Use 1-2 instances where the keyword is used in the H1 and H2 headings. Don’t forget to use keywords in the first and the last paragraph of the content.
- Getting the best backlinks: Yes, this is the most important action point. Getting endorsed by other reputable websites gives a positive SEO signal to the search engines. A tip-in getting backlinks is that do not aim for 100 backlinks from poorly rated sites; instead, get only 2 from sites with high domain authority.
- Tracking results: Whichever tool you are using for your SEO tracking, visit it once or twice a week, at least. Tracking the changes in Google console, search queries, and URL impressions will show you if your changes on the page triggered traffic growth.
An SEO campaign consists of three components, being content, on-page SEO, and off-page SEO. All three are crucial when it comes to running a successful campaign.
The content you create should be optimized for SEO, targeting the right keywords. You can use tools to find the best keywords to target, and long-tail keywords are beneficial for boosting your site’s rankings.
Not All SEO Campaigns are Equal
The type of content you create and the depth of the usability are equally important. How well your content can fulfill, the demand of the user search query is how Google will rank your website. Therefore, it should be relevant to your audience and also optimized for SEO, technically.
Consider driving content to your most important pages first. Then, share those pages on your social media accounts and generate some buzz. Social signals are now one of the ranking factors for SEO. These pages include the ones with the most traffic pointed towards them. For example, they can be pages to sign up for newsletters or product pages.
Having the latest high-authority backlinks can help boost your SEO campaign too. There are tools to help you find them. If you have toxic old backlinks, it’s time to chop them off and disavow them.
After four to six months, your campaign will yield its first results. It may be sooner, but this is the average time when your Google Console will start showing a bump in the rankings. It takes time for any SEO campaign to build up ROI.
Are You Using SEO to Your Advantage?
Knowing how you can make the most out of your current SEO campaign is beneficial for your online business. A well-executed SEO campaign will drive up your ROI and increase growth rates. Here is a pro tip. Go to the most viewed and highly ranked blog posts on your website. Inset a heat map on it, see where visitors are losing interest, and add a Call-to-action. It always works.
Here’s to hoping you can rise in the rankings!